Friday, May 05, 2006

Sybari's Antigen for Exchange

Got this email requesting my opinions on Sybari's (Microsoft) Antigen for Exchange product.

-----------------------------------------
Hi,
We are planning to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K3. And we want to EVAL Sybari Antigent for Exchange. Have you use this product? If so can you share your experience or comment?

TIA
-----------------------------------------

I have used Sybari's Antigen for Exchange for the past 5 years at a previous company. AND IT ROCKS!!! or the kids say (RAWKS!) You have the ability to run up to 9 scanning engines, CA/MacAfee/Norton/NAI/etc.. The base package gives you 4 engines (2 CAs) and you can purchase more at an additional cost. I had 6 engines and I can say that the company never had a virus infection due to an email. Now the end user's hotmail or Yahoo was a different story, but that was not part of my job. It is not the cheapest product out there, but it is an solid product. I also liked their Spam gateway with the real-time updating, but that is a different rant.

Bottom line, go for it.

No comments: