Monday, October 02, 2006

Thanks to all for the Recommendations!

As most of you know, I am currently looking for a new job. I contacted a few people at Corillian to see if they were willing to give me a recommendation. The response was overwhelming. Here is just few snippets of the responses that I received from people:

  • Chris Brooks (CTO): “Steve is a very professional, competent IT professional and he was very effective during his time at Corillian. He would always do whatever it took to keep his customers delighted and has a great work ethic.”
  • Greg Hughes (Former Boss): “Steve worked with me at Corillian, where he was a talented and dedicated network and system administrator. He took charge of the systems for which he was responsible and worked hard to ensure quality of service."
  • Keith Gienty (Former SE): “Steve has extensive experience and knowledge of Exchange and Active Directory. He has strong work ethic and takes passion in his work.”
  • Josh Cyphers (Former Cori): “He truly is the epitome of excellent customer service.”
  • Rob Garrison (SE): “Great technical expertise paired with wonderful people-skills.”

You can read the full versions on my Linked in site. http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveshaff


I wish that you can put testimonials or recommendations on your resume. I guess that I will have to just point people to my linked-in site or put the address under my email address on my resume for people to use. I think that I will try that and see what kind of response I get.



Thank You to all that sent me a recommendation to my Linked-in site.

3 comments:

Jmartens said...

Since you can't really put these things on a resume, here is what I've done in the past.

I created what I call a "leave behind" though sometimes I email it after a 2nd interview or with my thank you note.

The page has 3 sections: What people are saying about me, why hire me, and my sample transition strategy. In the first section I put quotes I've collected just like the ones you shared with us.

I can email you what I use if you'd like.

-Jeff the Great

Very Lost said...

Jeff,
Don't think that I missed your comment. I just did not want to post it here, since it gives away a customer name. Just trying to play by the rules. :P

Jmartens said...

no worries, I understand completly.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.