This article describes where to change the setting to force emails deleted on the Blackberry to Synchronize with Outlook. When the user deletes an email on their Blackberry handheld device, it does not automatically delete the email in Outlook.
Troubleshooting Steps/ Resolution:
By default, the Blackberry is set to not Synchronize any emails deleted on the Blackberry with the users mailbox. A setting must be set to force any e-mail deletions done on the handheld to also delete in Outlook. This setting can be found in the following:
- On the Blackberry device, go into the mail (the icon looks like three envelopes).
- Single click the trackwheel to display the menu
- Select Options
- At the bottom of the 'Message List Options', under the 'Email' subheader, highlight 'Handheld' next to 'Delete On:'
- Single click the trackwheel and choose 'Change Option'
- Select one of the following options:
'Handheld' - deletes the e-mail on the handheld only
'Mailbox & Handheld'- deletes the email on the handheld as well as in Outlook
'Prompt'- Prompts the user to choose whether they want the email deleted in their Mailbox each time they delete an email on the Blackberry.
- Click the trackwheel once and choose 'Save' to save your settings.