Thursday, June 08, 2006

Movie Review: Underworld: Evolution (2006)

“Working together to expose the truth about their bloodlines, vampire warrior Selene (Kate Beckinsale) and werewolf hybrid Michael (Scott Speedman) learn the backstory to the ongoing conflict between the patrician Death Dealers and the barbarous Lycans. Len Wiseman helmed this atmospheric sequel to his 2003 debut film, Underworld, with Bill Nighy reprising his role as the father of modern-day vampires.” – Netflix

I am a big fan of the whole vampire genre.. Starting with my obsession with Vampire Bloodlines to any horror movie that deals with the supernatural. With that being said, I thought that Dracula 2000 sucked. I enjoy good movies like Bram Stroker’s Dracula and Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi. These are true classics and worth watching and to have in your DVD library. I saw Underworld some time ago and enjoyed it, as a rental. I think that this sequel is far better as far as for the action and storyline. Both movies are a rental with the possibility of a cheap buy (under $10). I still think that these movies are more like Matrix with a supernatural feel, rather than the mystical, fearful, and romantic sense that Bram Stroker’s Dracula portrays. There is some romance (and sex) between Selene and Michael. No nudity here, but there is a few breasts shots from some other vamps. (nothing to write home about.)

If you liked this movie or its predecessor, you will also like:
Sleep Hollow – A great movie with Christina Ricci and Christopher Walken
Dune – I would recommend the directors edition
Event Horizon – Another Great movie
Fifth Element – Milla Jovovich - Do I need to say more?

No comments: