Have you ever wanted to know what OS versions, release, or service packs you have in your environment? Of course you do… Here is a quick way to find out.
- Open LDP
- From the menu, select Connection à Connect
- For Server, enter the name of the domain controller (or leave it blank to do a server-less bind)
- For Port, enter 389
- Click Ok
- From the menu, select Connection à Bind
- Enter credentials of a user to perform the search
- Click OK
- From the Menu, select Browse à Search
- For Base Dn, enter the base of where you want your search to begin.
- For Filter, enter a filter that contains the OS attribute you want to search on.
- Select the appropriate Scope based on how deep you want to search
- Click the Options button if you want to customize the list of attributes returned for each matching object
- Click Run and the results will be displayed in the right pane.
OR you can do what I do and run dsquery in a command line:
- Dsquery *
-scope subtree –attr “*” – filter “(&(objectclass=computer) (objectcategory=computer)(operatingSystem=Windows Server 2003))”