Monday, June 05, 2006

Disable "unsafe" attachment blocking in Outlook

Don’t you hate it when someone sends you an attachment, especially if you need the file right now, and Outlook determines that it is “unsafe”. That is great for the common user.. However, I am not a common user. I ran into this problem when I needed to send a script to another team member that a customer was waiting on. So, I had to either zip it or put it on a pen drive. Pen drive was easier and I was able to throw it at him. (Could not hit the side of a barn…)
So, here is a way to disable this “feature”.

Add a registry string value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\\Security called Level1Remove and add the extensions you want with leading dots and trailing semicolons like:
.rar;.vbs;.scr;.reg

No comments: