Monday, September 25, 2006

Working...

Well, it is Monday back at work after being laid off…sort of… It is like being terminated and then being brought back for a 3 month contract. I am a bit resentful, bitter, angry… but, I am working through the frustrations. I understand and can rationalize that the company is sending jobs offshore and that I was simply too expensive to keep. I also really did not like the job. Correction, I did not like the company. At Cori, one person did the job of 4 people. Here at ACS, they have 4 people doing 1 person’s job. (Any guesses on who is paying for those people to be just sitting around???) Trust me, most people have meetings just to be able to fill the day.

Also, WORD spreads quick. I was over at a clients having a meeting about something Exchange related and one of the guys asked how I was. I was like okay, why??? (very curious about what he was getting at) He said that I was handing the situation very well and with dignity. I was floored. I could not believe that me being laid off made it as far as the ear of the client. I said that I was fine and that I had saw the writing on the wall, so I was prepared. He said that I should just take the rest of the day off… What are they going to do – Fire me?? I will not be doing that, but I do not plan on doing much work. (Like I did much here, I mean come on.. )

Good news is that I have had several interviews so I will not be here for much longer.. At least I hope not. It is really weird and people tend to either talk to you more or not at all. I kind of feel like I am on death-row and my number got called up.

DEAD MAN WALKING

No comments: