Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Comcast - Day 3

I am at the new job with Comcast as a Senior Infrastructure Analyst. From what I understand so far is that myself and a co-worker (who is a really cool guy) will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting various servers, network, switches, and firewalls. I have already assisted several “customers” (internally) in various issues that have come up. I just installed a bunch of cards into a Cisco Switch (6509), which is a first for me. I am currently working on an EMC upgrade and backup/recovery solution to improve performance and decrease the backup time. This is very important…blah blah blah... like anyone else cares.. :P

All in all, I will not be bored or sitting around for something to break. There are lots of projects and things that could use my knowledge. It is very fast paced, especially coming from a place like ACS. I am really enjoying the work and taking on more responsibility and projects where I can.

I am not out to change the world, just my corner of it.

No comments: