Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Movie Review: Rosemary's Baby (1968)

“When young housewife Rosemary Woodhouse (Mia Farrow) turns up pregnant -- courtesy of her husband (John Cassavetes) -- eccentric neighbors Roman and Minnie Castavet take special interest in the mother-to-be. Little does Rosemary know that in cahoots with the Castavets -- witches with designs on Rosemary's baby -- her struggling actor spouse has literally made a deal with the devil. Ruth Gordon's performance as Minnie earned her an Academy Award. “ – Netflix

I remember seeing this movie many many years ago and being creped out, though I do not know why now. But, it still gave me a chill while I was watching. Here is a movie that, unlike the Ring, makes you interested in the movie and constantly thinking about what it going on. The acting was really well done and I enjoyed watching the Rosemary’s Baby for the second time. I would definitely recommend it as a rental.

No comments: