One of my military buddies sent this to me.. It is a real hoot.. and some of it is true... :)
Marine Corps Rules:
- Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
- Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough.
- Have a plan.
- Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
- Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
- Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a '4.'
- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
- Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral &diagonal preferred.)
- Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
- Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
- Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
- In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
- If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.
Navy SEAL's Rules:
- Look very cool in sunglasses.
- Kill every living thing within view.
- Adjust Speedo.
- Check hair in mirror.
US Army Rangers Rules:
- Walk in 50 miles wearing 75 pound rucksack while starving.
- Locate individuals requiring killing.
- Request permission via radio from 'Higher' to perform killing.
- Curse bitterly when mission is aborted.
- Walk out 50 miles wearing a 75 pound rucksack while starving.
US Army Rules:
- Curse bitterly when receiving operational order.
- Make sure there is extra ammo and extra coffee.
- Curse bitterly.
- Curse bitterly. Do not listen to 2nd LTs; it can get you killed.
- Curse bitterly.
US Air Force Rules:
- Have a cocktail.
- Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
- See what's on HBO.
- Ask 'What is a gunfight?'
- Request more funding from Congress with a 'killer' Power Point presentation.
- Wine &dine ''key' Congressmen, invite DOD &defense industry executives.
- Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
- Declare the assets 'strategic' and never deploy them operationally.
- Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.
- Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.
( And I Love This Next One)
US Navy Rules:
- Go to Sea.
- Drink Coffee.
- Deploy Marines
Go Navy !